Welcome to the UMBC Physics Department Cleanroom webpage! The Cleanroom can provide consulting, design, and fabrication services to UMBC, non-profits and commercial users. In addition, qualified individuals can become Independent users.
Contact & Location Information:
• Manager – Erik Crowe
• Phone – 410-455-6342
• Email – email@example.com
• Office location – Physics Dept., Room 210
• Cleanroom location – Physics Dept., Room 404A
How to Become an Independent User:
Independent Users have to complete the following:
- Contact Erik Crowe.
- Pass the following Online safety courses found through the Environmental Health and Safety website:
a. UMBC Lab Safety (University Mandatory)
b. PPE (All Personnel)
c. Hazard Communication Part 1 & 2 (All Personnel)
d. UMBC Clean Room Safety (All Personnel)
e. RCRA Hazardous Waste Awareness (Personnel working with Hazardous materials)
f. Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety (Personnel working with compressed gas cylinders)
- Participate in General Cleanroom Safety Training.
- Once your fabrication needs are understood, specific equipment training will occur.
Environmental Health and Safety Training
Projects fabricated in the Department – coming soon!
Equipment: – coming soon!