GWIP is a group aimed at building community among women graduate students in the UMBC Physics Department, and increasing participation by women in graduate physics programs and physics careers.
Each year, GWIP hosts a number of events including:
- Casual lunches and dinners for building community
- Career development workshops and guest speakers
- Hosting seminars and colloquia
- Outreach and mentoring to undergraduate women physics majors at UMBC
- Outreach activities for girls at local K-12 schools
2021 GWIP Event Schedule
- Upcoming events
- Virtual Movie Night coming soon!
GWIP is staying connected during distance learning through a groupme chat. Please email Kylie Hoffman or Achala Denagamage to be added to our chat.
Faculty advisor: Eileen Meyer