The primary goal of the Physics Graduate Student Association (PGSA) is to enhance the overall welfare of grad students in the physics department. The PGSA does this by:
• Meeting with Department leadership about grad student issues.
• Representing physics dep’t grad students at the UMBC GSA.
• Hosting “happy hours” and other social events.
• Hosting the Annual “Welcome BBQ” for new grad students each August.
• Hosting the Annual “PGSA Poster Session” at Visit Day each March.
The PGSA leadership council is comprised of a President, Vice-President, and two Members-At-Large. These 4 positions are typically filled by the Senators of the 2 GSA-recognized Graduate Student Organizations (GSO’s) associated with the Physics Department (the PHYS GSO, and ATPH GSO). Elections for the GSO Senators, and the 4 PGSA Leadership Council positions are held each September.
2018-2019 PGSA Leadership Council
2018-2019 PHYS GSO Senators: Ian Nodurft & David Thorsteinsson
2018-2019 ATPH GSO Senators: Noah Sienkiewicz & Achala Denagamage