The primary goal of the Physics Graduate Student Association (PGSA) is to enhance the overall welfare of grad students in the physics department. The PGSA does this by:
• Meeting with Department leadership about grad student issues.
• Representing physics dep’t grad students at the UMBC GSA.
• Hosting “happy hours” and other social events.
• Hosting the Annual “Welcome BBQ” for new grad students each August.
• Hosting the Annual “PGSA Poster Session” at Visit Day each March.
The PGSA leadership council is comprised of a President, Vice-President and Secretary. Elections for the 3 PGSA Leadership Council positions are held each September.
2022-2023 PGSA Leadership Council
President: Maurice Roots
Vice-President: Noah Sienkiewicz
Secretary: Rachel Smith