The UMBC Undergraduate Women and Gender Minorities in Physics (WGMP) group aims to create a supportive community for gender minorities in physics at UMBC. We aspire to both retain and recruit gender minorities in physics at the undergraduate level.
WGMP intends to host many exciting events throughout the semester, such as:
- Panels on graduate school and career options
- Research talks
- Workshops on preparing graduate applications and REU applications
- Outreach activities at the K-12 level
- Social events such as game nights
- Talks by UMBC physics alumni
- And more!
WGMP meetings are typically held on Tuesdays from 12-1pm. We also hold game nights over certain weekends.
Current event schedule for the Spring 2023 Semester:
If you are interested in joining the WGMP Discord or email list, please contact the Faculty Advisor: Dr. Theodosia Gougousi.